- Paws.com’s Chow Down Challenge for Buy Food, Give Food will take place from 24th June 2019 - 31st August 2019. To make sure everyone understands how to get involved, here are the terms and conditions (Terms) that apply to anyone that wishes to take part in our social media campaign (Campaign). Please read these Terms carefully - if you do not agree with them, you should not participate.
- If you‘d like to have a copy of these Terms, you’re welcome to print them or to request a copy by post, by sending a stamped self-addressed envelope to the address at the end of these Terms.
How to get involved
- We’re inviting everyone to post a video/photo/GIF between 12.01am on 24th June 2019 and 11.59pm on 31st August 2019 of their dog (or a dog they know - with their owner’s permission!) enjoying a bowl of dog food on Facebook, Instagram, Instagram Stories or Twitter.
- If using Facebook you will either need to post your video/photo/GIF:
- In the comments box under one of our Campaign promotional posts
- As a public visitor post to our Timeline
- On your own profile
- If using Instagram, Instagram Stories or Twitter you will need to post your photo/video/GIF to your own profile.
- All posts shared must:
- Tag Paws appropriately as per channel requirements:
- Facebook: @Paws.com
- Instagram or Twitter: @Paws
- Include the hashtag #BuyFoodGiveFood
- Tag three friends to nominate them to participate in the ‘Chow Down Challenge’
- For each participant from the UK that posts a photo of their dog enjoying a bowl of dog food between 12.01am on 24th June and 11.59pm on 31st August 2019 we’ll donate a healthy meal to a shelter dog in the UK, up to a maximum of 250,000. If we reach 250,000 meals before 11.59pm on 31st August 2019 you can still post your photos to support the Campaign but we have no obligation to donate any further meals for each post to shelter dogs in the UK. We reserve the right to increase the maximum figure of 250,000 at any point during the Campaign.
- Whilst we will endeavour to get your meal to the shelters as soon as practicable, there is no obligation for us to honour the selection and distribution of healthy meals within a specific timeframe. We reserve the right to establish the most appropriate means of distribution within our current shelter network, and any additional shelters that may be supported as a result of this Campaign.
- Please visit paws.com/bfgf to find out more about the great work Paws and its customers are doing to help independent shelters and their dogs around the UK.
Dos and Don'ts
- You must be 13 years old or older to take part in our Campaign. Participants under the age of 16 will need to obtain parental consent to enter.
- Your posts should include a video/photo/GIF of your dog enjoying a bowl of dog food. Any length of video/GIF will do, just use the following hashtag: #BuyFoodGiveFood
- Your posts should not include:
- anything unlawful, obscene, defamatory, abusive, invasive of someone’s privacy or any nudity or swearing - in short, be nice!
- material that infringes another person’s intellectual property or other rights or that includes adverts or photos of celebrities – if in doubt, please don’t post it.
- videos/photos/GIFs of anyone other than you or your dog unless you’ve obtained their permission before posting (or the permission of their parent if they are under the age of 16).
- You’re welcome to post different videos/photos/GIFs but donations will only be made for your first video/photo/GIF (up to the maximum) posted. Also, please don’t spam our social pages by posting your content more than once, from different accounts or use macros or other automated means.
- You’ll need to make sure you comply with the terms of the relevant social media site that you’re posting on and if you did not take the video/photo/GIF yourself, please check with the person that did to make sure they’re fine with you posting it online and using them in the ways described below in paragraph 5.
Your personal information
- We do not anticipate processing your personal data other than as required for the administration of this Campaign. You grant us the right to display just your first name and pet’s name along with your image on any platform, acknowledging and agreeing that this does not constitute your personal data.
- You have a right to access your personal information held by us or to request that we cease to use such information. Any request for this should be made in writing using the contact details at the end of these Terms.
- All personal and other information relating to participants will be retained by us for a reasonable period after the Campaign ends for auditing and legal reasons and to deal with any queries relating to the Campaign.
Our right to use your posts
- By making a post and using the #BuyFoodGiveFood hashtag you are giving to us a non-exclusive, worldwide, non-terminable and free permission (including the right to sub-license that permission) to use any material in your posts (Your Content) for any commercial or non-commercial purposes, including:
- to make Your Content available through Our Social Pages to other users of those services.
- to include Your Content in our marketing campaigns and adverts whether online (such as on our website, apps, other online services and platforms, in emails including newsletters or further posts via Our Social Pages) or offline (such as in printed material or via TV or other broadcasts). Whilst we are not obliged to do so, we reserve the right to contact you (e.g. via your social media account) before making any use of Your Content in adverts or marketing campaigns.
- to modify Your Content before or after its publication. For example, we may resize, crop, reformat, convert or re-encode your photos or combine all or part of Your Content with ours or that of our licensors (including content created by other users e.g. by creating a collage).
- You agree that we do not have to provide you with a credit for Your Content and irrevocably and unconditionally waive any moral or similar rights you have in your posts. You permit us and third parties we authorise to use your image, likeness, actions and statements in the ways described in this paragraph 5.
- You promise that you have all the rights and permissions that you need to post Your Content to Our Social Pages and that you have obtained waivers and permissions for any person that appears in that content to allow us to use it in the ways described in this paragraph 5.
Our right to remove your posts
- You agree that we are allowed to remove any photos you post from Our Social Pages, for any reason, including if you break these Terms.
Changes to these terms
- We may modify, suspend or terminate the Campaign (e.g. extend or change the period during which it runs) or make any other changes to the Campaign or these Terms but only in the event of circumstances arising that are outside of our reasonable control.
- Where reasonably possible, we will notify you of such changes in advance or at the time we make such changes by posting amended Terms on this page and/or via a post to Our Social Pages.
Legal and other important information
- We cannot be responsible for posts lost or delayed or as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
- We also cannot be responsible for any damage, loss or injury you may suffer by entering the Campaign.
- Paws Group Ltd is the promoter of the Chow Down Challenge for Buy Food, Give Good Campaign. Paws Group Limited is a limited private company incorporated in England under company registration number 10787292 and whose registered office and correspondence address is: Paws.com, 15-19 Baker’s Row, London EC1R 3DG. Our Chow Down Challenge for Buy Food, Give Food Campaign is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter, Facebook or Instagram. You understand that you are providing information to us and not to those service providers and they shall have no liability to you for our Campaign. By participating with our Campaign, you release Twitter, Facebook and Instagram from any obligations relating to it.
- If any provisions of these Terms are judged to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, this shall not affect or impact the continuation in full force and effect the remainder of the provisions.
- If you have any queries or complaints about the Campaign or would like to know the current amount donated to shelter dogs at any point in time during the Campaign, please contact us at the above address or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By participating you confirm that you have read and agree to these Terms.
- These Terms are governed by English law and any disputes will be exclusively dealt with by the courts of England and Wales.